On October 12, 2004, the original version this website, originally titled “Idina Menzel ~ Here: The Ultimate Fan Base,” was launched. One year later, on October 14, 2005, it was re-launched on a dedicated domain with a completely new design and a ton of new and exclusive content, entitled IDINA-HERE.COM. The site has grown and evolved alongside Idina’s career to become the best (if I do say so myself) and most complete source of information about Idina, her life, and her career, both past and present. It’s been fun to become so involved here, and it’s an honor to announce that today is the 5th anniversary of the birth of this site as we now know it!
To celebrate this achievement, and to thank all the visitors for being awesome and making this site what it is with the contributions, comments, and hits, we are holding a contest in honor of this website’s inspiration and namesake. Sharpen your pencils and your minds, this one is a doozy, because the prize is a doozy! If you’re stumped, keep in mind that all answers can be found somewhere on this website.
Part I: Trivia
– Where was the first concert held in which Idina performed “Here?”
– What was Here‘s release date?
– Who was the photographer of the Here album cover?
Part II: Scavenger Hunt
– The first image ever added to the photo gallery
– The most viewed image in the photo gallery
– Your favorite picture of Idina (just for funsies, no right or wrong answer!)
Part III: Finish That Quote
– “Make love to the _______________.”
– “I am so proud to be in a musical that celebrates _______________.”
– “We will not tolerate _______________ any longer.”
– “We do it in the shower. Everybody does it, you know. I just _______________.”
– “Don’t take the L.I.E., it’s _______________.”
– “[My husband’s] not with me on the tour, so I have to cuddle with _______________.”
– “When I sing, do people _______________?”
– “Hi, I’m Idina. I’m Taye Diggs’ wife and _______________.”
– “It’s okay to be who you are, and it’s okay to be _______________.”
– “A kielbasa’s a sausage, isn’t it?! Well, I can _______________!”
E-mail your answers to contest[*at*]idina-here.com (replace [*at*] with @) with ANNIVERSARY CONTEST in the subject line. DO NOT attach any images; a link to the image is sufficient. Your entry should have content like this:
– the answer
– “the missing word(s)”
Deadline to enter is October 22 at 11:59 pm ET!
– Winner will receive one (1) autographed copy of Idina Menzel’s album, Here.
– Contest is open to everyone of all ages and in all countries.
– Limit one (1) entry per person/email address. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
– Winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries and notified on October 23, 2010. Winner must accept prize within 24 hours by responding to notification e-mail and providing the requested information. If winner does not respond, another will be chosen from the remaining correct entries, and so on, until the prize is accepted. The winner will be announced on this website & Twitter upon confirmed acceptance.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask them here in the comments. I ask that ALL questions are posted in the comments so that other people may who may have the same questions may read the questions and my answers.